Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Zumbaaaaa!

I have officially learned: Tuesdays are going to be LONG days.

Today started at 6:45 a.m. when my alarm clock so graciously went off. I got in to work by 8:15 (it takes about 30 minutes to get to work from Grandma's house on the south side of Indy). And from 8:15 in the morning until 10 o'clock at night I was busy at the Complex.

I had to get to work early so I could be in attendance at the 8:30 breakfast with the Colts' Marketing Department and those from Emmis Communications. We had a delicious breakfast comprised of fresh fruit, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. YUM. YUM. YUM!!

At the breakfast we played a friendly competition of Family Feud, which was creatively renamed Company Feud. The best part about it was that I got to "test out" the game the day before. Six of the interns were asked to take some time away from their busy schedules on Monday to help make sure the game worked! The thing is we played 3 rounds and were away from our desks for a good 30 minutes. No worries, my team won :D

I thought I would really enjoy Family Feud. I did have fun, but I always found myself at a loss for words, especially when the topic seemed so easy!! But I must give credit to the one and only AMill because I was able to win a category for my team because of her. Long story short the category was famous football related movies, my guess: Friday Night Lights - it's because of her that I know of that movie & show.

After breakfast a lot was accomplished, mainly in preparation for practice in the evening. At practice vets (or the returning girls) received their game day uniforms, everyone tried on their new warm-ups made by Annette (Annette is an absolutely AMAZING seamstress!!), final make-up stuff was handed out thank to Tyler-Mason, we had three things for the girls to try on, and the new travel bags were handed out!!

So...my job was to get all of that stuff to practice & in an organized fashion for 42 girls. Let's just say mission accomplished!!!

After all of that happened in the beginning of practice, the girls went through a few dances and fillers. Then the moment I had waited for all day long: ZUMBA!!

I got to work out with the girls, of course I hung out in the back - didn't want to make any of them envious of my mad dancing skills :D NOT. Mara, a cheerleader, is a Zumba instructor and so she lead us all and oh my goodness that was the best Zumba I have ever done!! It was super fast, but so much fun.

I'd say I held my own doing Zumba with the Colts Cheerleaders. Gosh, I LOVE my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment