Monday, June 27, 2011

Take me out to the ball game!

...sing with me...Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don't care if I never get back. Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don't win, it's a shame. For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game!...

Today two girls & I attended the Indianapolis Indians' home baseball game - this is Indy's minor league baseball team! They played against the Pawtucket Red Sox.

We joined the Community Relations Department for the Books for Youth night. It was SO neat!! About 30 foster kids were given tickets to the game. So before hand the cheerleaders, along with Blue, signed autographs and gave them backpacks full of 25 age appropriate books!

They're able to give out these backpacks to the kids because other individuals purchase a backpack at the Colts Pro Shop or online - it's a Toms, One for One kind of deal!

We all got to walk on the field, take a tour of the dug out, and enjoy ourselves on this Monday evening. Best part about it was that the weather was perfect!! Seriously, God couldn't have provided us with a better evening to hold this event (especially considering thunderstorms had been predicted)!


For this event I actually did more than just stand behind the girls. I was security. I had to tell someone that he couldn't place his arm around the cheerleaders-he looked at me like "who do you think you are," but listened anyways. The best part about it was, he went over to his friends after and they were all talking about it, looking over at me. I protruded my chest a bit further forward, so to make sure he read, "Colts Staff," which was boldly printed in white on my royal blue polo. Bam.

Needless to say by 7 pm (after autographs, picture taking, and mingling) we were starved. So the girls and I got $5 to spend on food! Wonder what we went for? The $1 brats (Monday night special) and chocolate milkshakes!

::YUM::

No comments:

Post a Comment