Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 2

Day two was also fun-filled!

Heather (my fellow cheer intern) and I got to ride with 5 cheerleaders in a limo to Franklin Township. We went to the Franklin Intermediate School in town because they won the Fuel Up to Play 60 ("a nationwide movement focused on fighting childhood obesity by empowering kids to take control of their own health") Colt's challenge.

The cheer girls performed twice! Blue - the Colts' mascot - and two alumni players - Tarik Glenn and Barry Krauss - were also at the event. (We would have had current players, but thank you lock out, that's currently not possible).

It was such a fun afternoon!! The 5th and 6th graders were super excited (a tad annoying...but that is to be expected at this age).

The gang after an exciting afternoon:


I also attended my first practice today! I met 36 of the 42 girls...we'll see how the remembering of names goes. But, they're all SO nice - a majority of them came up to me and introduced themselves! Ahhh...their dances are super cute! Can't wait until game day!

No comments:

Post a Comment