Sunday, July 24, 2011

Junior Cheer

The Junior Cheerleaders program has begun and let me tell you, that adds a whole new dimension to my job. This year there are about 100 girls ages 7-14 who have signed up to be in this program. So it has been Heather and my job to get all their paper work sorted, all their money collected, all the measurements forms submitted to the seamstress and all the parents' questions answered.

And I have learned- 7 to 14 year old parents take Jr. Cheer seriously. They ask every question imaginable, and quite honestly even ones I would have never imagined would have been asked. They also go crazy for the merchandise that we sell and the tickets that they are able to purchase for the games their daughters cheer at.

But, back to the basics about this program: girls who sign up pay $345 for a uniform (which looks exactly like the pro cheerleaders), a bowling party, a glam day, and two Game Day appearances where they get to cheer on the field! In all honesty, I kind of wish I would have know about this program when I was younger :D

At any rate, we've already held an initial uniform fitting for them and we just had the bowling party. At the uniform fitting we had our seamstress there with every size of the uniform-so ranging from child's sizes to adult sizes. Some of these 14 year olds are bigger than me! And each girl when around the room trying on the uniform, to find which best fits her. What's more a handful of girls decided to sign up the same day and we had to keep track of payments for all girls! Chaos. It's the only word that comes to mind to best describe this evening.

A few days later then we could relax a bit more...we got to bowl! Almost all 42 cheerleaders were present to bowl with the Jr. Cheerleaders. And let me tell you, the little girls thought this was the best thing ever! In addition we brought posters for the cheerleaders to sign, so these girls were going around to every cheerleader there and filling their posters with autographs!

This event was so much fun to be a part of! Here are a few photo highlights (note the creative names two lanes came up with!):





And, of course, I must end with the lovely group photo :D This group of girls are awesome! I am so lucky to have the internship that I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment