Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm a Big Sister!

It's official, after months of training, and waiting for a match, I have become a Big Sister (through Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Indiana)!!

My little sister, Lily, is 12 years old! Our first outing: wondering through World Market and have breakfast for dinner at Panera!

I had never before been to World Market and what an adventure it was. This store literally had a little bit of everything-from home furnishings to aisles of exotic candy. It was definitely a treat to explore this store! After "window shopping" we walked across the way to Panera. Both Lily and I got cinnamon-crunch bagels-YUM! But she taught me a new way to slice a bagel. Apparently you can ask for your bagel to be sliced like bread, meaning it's sliced vertically and you end up with about 10 pieces. The bagel lasts longer and you get cinnamon crunch on every slice. What a novel idea.

Hopefully, as you can tell I am so excited to form this relationship and see what it grows to become. I'll keep you updated, as we meet 2 times a month!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I definitely want to do this someday, so I am very interested in your experience :)

    ReplyDelete