Thursday, January 26, 2012

Indianapolis Welcomes Super Bowl XLVI!

The honest to goodness most amazing 10 days of my year occurred thanks to Indianapolis hosting Super Bowl XLVI.

The next 10 posts will give you a look at my daily activities and all that I was blessed to be a part of. I experienced first hand the truth behind "Hoosier Hospitality" and found myself proud to call Indianapolis home.

Indianapolis made huge transformations that makes this city that much more appealing to hold another Super Bowl (or major event) in the future!

Take a look, here's how the changes began to take place:
A large "sticker" was applied to the front of the JW Marriot.
Georgia Street became a walking street!

Indianapolis 500 cars were painted to resemble the 32 teams of the NFL, and Monument Circle became home to the large XVLI numerals.

A zip-line was built down the length of Capitol Avenue, which ran in front of the Convention Center (home to the NFL Experience).

And strangely any remnants of the Colts were removed from Lucas Oil Stadium as it became home to the Giants and Patriots.

Join me down memory lane, as the 10 days leading up to and including Super Bowl Sunday flew by way too fast (even though I recorded almost 130 hours)!

No comments:

Post a Comment