Monday, February 8, 2016

Pumpkin Pecan Greek Yogurt Quick Bread


I don't know about you, but I always buy too much pumpkin puree during the fall. I love any and everything pumpkin, so I always over estimate the amount I actually use. So this recipe is inspiration from that leftover can I just want to use up.

The thing is: my can was pumpkin pie puree, and I couldn't find a healthy quick bread recipe that uses pumpkin pie puree. I took a stab at combining a few recipes and came up with this masterpiece. It's a moist, not too sweet, perfectly pumpkin flavored quick bread. I promise, you won't be disappointed (plus you'll use up that last can of pumpkin pie puree, so next year you can buy new again).

Pumpkin Pecan Greek Yogurt Quick Bread
yield: 1 loaf pan

ingredients
15 oz. can pumpkin pie filling mix
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
Cinnamon sugar for topping

instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 8x4 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a stand mixer, combine pumpkin pie filling, Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
  3. To the pumpkin mixture, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until just moistened. 
  4. Fold in the pecans. 
  5. Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
  6. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment