Friday, August 26, 2011

Pre-Season is here!!

Can this be a dream?

Well, I am certainly pleased to say: its not!! For so long the hours put in at the office were in hopes for a season. In fact many of the tasks completed in the office were done in expectation that the lockout would soon end.

But as the countdown began, the issue became evidently more pressing. Thank goodness two weeks prior to opening day, owners and players came to an agreement!!

SO football pre-season has finally come!! And now my Sundays will be complete-totally different than how I use to spend them, but nonetheless Fall will come and Sundays will consist of football!!

And now I sit down, after the third pre-season game has been completed, with a "break" in my schedule. I have realized that game day adds a whole new dimension to the work week. There are an increased number of check lists to be made and tasks to be completed.

With two home games under my belt, I'm feeling pretty good about game day. Basically we arrive 6+ hours prior to kick-off...so for the 8pm kickoff we arrived at 1:30pm. At 2pm then the cheerleaders took the field to warmup and practice. Around 4 hair and make-up begins and food arrives to the locker room. The girls then do appearances around the stadium up until 6 pm. Prayer is 6:20 and we're all ready to take the field for pre-game festivities and then kickoff!! While girls are doing appearances, Heather and I place waters and signs at each of the four corners. We also help to set up anything else that may be needed during the game (i.e. if there is a pre-game or halftime show).

Then come game time, we take our places just South of the visitors bench, on the field! So there are times we walk behind the visitors bench...yes, Santana Moss has almost run me over and I have crossed paths with Aaron Rodgers. One thing I've learned: these players are HUGE!!

GO COLTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment